Cathy Ann Johnson received her BFA from Columbus College of Arts and Design. She spent several years at Hallmark Greeting Cards, where she honed her skills crafting emotional content that speaks to children. Her ability to work in a range of styles merited her a position in Hallmark’s Center of Excellence. Cathy Ann loves connecting words to pictures, and her whimsical and lyrical style focuses on layouts that echo a child’s perspective. Her work has appeared in children’s books, magazines, posters, home décor, gifts and more. She currently works from a small Crayola box located in Downtown Decatur, Georgia, as well as a satellite studio in Rome, Italy. In her spare time, Cathy Ann, her husband and cute doggie, enjoy roaming Rome, chasing castles in medieval towns and enjoying history and the arts.
Awards / Honors
- 2022 Columbus College of Art and Design Creative Entrepreneur Award
- 2022 American Illustration 41, 2 pieces
- 2022 Booklist from Rise: A Feminist Book Project- Legacy
- 2022 Starred Review, School Library Journal – Stand Up!
- 2022 Communication Arts Finalist
- 2022 Two winning pieces AI-AP Chosen Winner
- 2021 Communication Arts finalist